Time to plan my next travel!


 

It's the best time to plan your travels as we are only a couple of months away from Diwali break!! Most of us would be off-work for minimum 7 -9 days including the weekends.

You are sure to get some really nice deals if you book your tickets well in advance. I can say this from my personal experience having planned for more than 15 destinations, domestically and internationally in the past 3 years. If you are planning to travel via trains you may need to book 4 months in advance.

Travel planning can be truly stressful. Who knows this better than me! I have an entire clan to plan for...
Where to go? Where do I book from? How many days should we go for? Where should we stay? Should I book an apartment or a hotel? phew!! Then my own thoughts ...

My thought process - Should I leave a day to pack and book my flight tix for the following day? Should I return on a Saturday so I can have Sunday to rest/chill and prepare for work the next day? The stay has got to be near the airport! I need some good deals but within my budget! I AM A TEACHER :)

My flight bookings:
I usually book my flight tickets from Akbar travels. I think the website gives me some really decent deals, easy to navigate and user friendly. It doesn't matter to me if it's a direct flight or with a stopover! I am however very particular about flight timings when I plan my travels and make sure we land during daytime. In-case of flight or train delays,we wouldn't have to commute at night. It's a safer option according to me especially if you are visiting the place for the first time. I also prefer to have my stay close to the airport, less than 30 minutes away.

I got my flight! What about my hotel bookings:
I have always reserved my stay from Booking.com. I have personally never tried Airbnb but heard it's good if you wish to try. I like the fact I can reserve multiple hotel bookings under my name via Booking.com and have an option to cancel whenever I want. It gives me a sense of security that I have a place to live and that I won't be stranded when I land there. As much as most hotels follow certain hygiene and safely norms, I always request for hot water in taps and clean sheets when reserving my rooms. You can have your own reservations which you can request online.

I will be booking my tix and stay within this week. I hope the above information has made travel planning an easier and more simplified experience for you. For further questions or information, you can message me here.

 ABOUT AUTHOR :
Author- Arati S Shenoy
Blog: https://aratishenoy.blogspot.com/
If you have any questions or would like to know more you can email me here: aratisshenoy@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Keep traveling ...& Keep writing ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. May all Ur travelling wishes come true..keep us updated with Ur experiences..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you akka for always sparing time to comment and for the wishes {()}

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You will have to wait only a little longer to know my next travel destination ;)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Savita aunty , will def keep you posted {()}

      Delete
  5. Amazing attitude.....Keep travelling....keep having fun....and surely keep writing....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment