Diwali break or break! ๐Ÿค”







So wondering what’s the story behind this picture!It definitely has a lot of significance to what’s going on in my life today, right now!A picture showing a lady struggling and trying to lift the wagon using all her strength! How can that be any good ? 03.11.2018, Diwali break begins!Diwali cleaning in full swing, two bedrooms including master bedrooms spik and span. Next, third bedroom cum work space cum storage cum antique display cabinets... cabinets, done! metal rack mounted with newpapers, bundled up using miller’s knot secured into a pile ready to be dispatched with not so far away, across the street newspaper guy , our famous Mumbai raddi waala! Coming back to the metal rack, “We have two vintage blue racks with 3 old standalone shelves each which my fil refuses to part with” ๐Ÿ™ˆ. Mounted with a minumum of 50 books, someone may think its a ’Hub’ of divine books, a good well maintained collection of holy books. With this last object left to immaculate, I decided to be Doris as in the lady from the picture and lift with all my might in a jiffy, without having realised the weight. 1, 2 ,3 and all comes to a standstill, a little jolt and I think to myself, “ Feeling a little weird , disoriented!” Mil to the rescue, pop a pill and I’m fine the next morning. “ It was definitely over 80kg”. Diwali break still on! A cough, paralytic mode for a split second. Quick call to hubs to come back home . Another quick appointment with my trusted family doctor to know its a slipped disc and complete bed rest for 15 days. That’s when I discovered another secret about my myself, I can stare at the fan for hours without any thoughts crossing my mind. “Mine’s definitely not a devil’s mind” ๐Ÿ˜œ Lets start a new read、‘Women in the window’. What next !Lets write... Voila!!


   “Everything happens for a reason ” - Marilyn Monroe.

ABOUT AUTHOR :
Author- Arati S Shenoy
Contact: aratisshenoy@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Idle mind is not devil's workshop put to good use well done wify

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always something to look forward to..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that ! Having said that life is unpredictable, do what you please. Thank you for dropping by. Truly appreciate that.

      Delete
  3. Working on a book installation , how ironic ! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. U make d most difficult situation sound like a cool breeze on d face... admire ur courage n sense of humour Congratulations gal for giving birth to the introspective writer in u...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton forsuch lovely words .. feel encouraged and motivated to write lots more

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Priscilla .. many.more to come ..hope to not let you.down๐Ÿค—

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sparing time to comment Komal, truly appreciate it

      Delete
  7. Hey Aarti, u have been always creative. That's u always xpect new n great ideas from. Keep going sky is the limit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much , I feel motivated to write lots more :)

      Delete
  8. Look at the brighter side of life Arati! We get to read your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes true :) Thank you for stopping by, truly appreciate it

      Delete
  9. Know what u r going thru..but looking at the fans somewhere ..u have discovered urself..keep writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement Ajitha akka {()}

      Delete
  10. Agreed that everything happens for a reason .. I think, god wanted you to spend some quality time with hubby dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha hubby was bz working akka , yes def did something productive while on bed unwell :)

      Delete
  11. Oh, this incident reminds me so much of my wrist fracture episode ie: behold the consequence of what you thought was a simple action ๐Ÿคท but you used this as a great opportunity! Do not forget to rest too. Get well soon๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—

    I had a hearty laugh again at : That’s when I discovered another secret about my myself, I can stare at the fan for hours without any thoughts crossing my mind. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaaank you so much for sparing your preeeeeecious time ! in return Ill have yuu on back of my mind when I plan my next travel and nothing more ! :))))

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you but where are theses wishes coming from, no name :(

      Delete
  13. That truly was an easy flowing pen given the circumstance. I hope you have healed well ...
    Look forward to reading more . Kudos good going dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sparing time to comment , truly appreciate it !

      Delete
  14. Nice.....idle mind is not devils workshop๐Ÿ˜œ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment